Wednesday, August 18, 2010

italy encapsulated

Sometimes I like to pretend I was an Italian in a past life. I envy them their landscape, their passion, their language, their food and wine... there are so many great things about Italy.

The magic of Italy cannot be truly appreciated unless experienced, though this weekend I saw Eat, Pray, Love and while my review of the film may be the subject of another blog, the part focused in Italy encapsulated as true as can be to the feelings and the spirit that I've carried since my experiences there. I fondly remember the charm of the language, the hustle and bustle of the espresso shop, and the many conversations and laughs shared over delicious pasta and never-ending wine.

If you haven't been, please make sure to go. You won't regret it. My two trips to Italy both experienced travel delays, strikes of every type of transportation, rain, getting lost... and I loved every moment. It's really impossible to describe in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment